Join James and Megan as they begin a new series focused on helping you not just Survive as an entrepreneur, but Thrive. As entrepreneurs, we can easily end up creating a stagnant job for ourselves. That’s not why we became entrepreneurs!
The topic: Do You Want to Grow?
Why is your growth so critical to the success of your business?:
- You are the cap on your business–it won’t successfully outgrow you.
- We need to grow with regard to our market, area of expertise, how to actually run a business, and how to grow a business. Business is constantly changing and evolving and we need to adapt with the changes.
- If we don’t grow, our businesses will stagnate and eventually die.
What does growth look like?:
- We say we want to grow, but desire is always manifested. Your pursuit is proof of your desire to grow. What are you doing right now to learn a new skill to become better?
- Welcome teaching that challenges your mindset. This helps you move out of your comfort zone. You can only do this if you have a receptive, growth-oriented mindset.
- If you are growing, you are investing in yourself, your business, and your team.
How can you grow?:
- First, you really need to decided if you want to grow.
- Look at who you are surrounding yourself with. Are there people who don’t want to grow, or criticize those who do? You may need to edit or limit some people in your life.
- Don’t be afraid of upsetting the status quo, change, or making people mad. Don’t focus on the broken eggs, focus on the omelet. If you want to grow, you must get past the threshold of change.
- Begin to develop a sense of need that is outside your own ability to fill it. This is not weakness, but growth.
- Assess your desire to grow and identify one specific area you want to improve in.
- Find three resources that can help you grow in that area (a book, conference, class, etc.) and choose at least one to integrate into your business.
- Find someone who can help you stick to the changes (accountability partner, mentor, coach).