On this episode, James and Megan continue the theme of Fear and explore something that is a quieter, more insidious fear.
Our Kryptonite today: The Fear of Success!
Why in the world would anyone be afraid of success?:
- Change – People in your life may not “get it”
- Do I deserve it? Do I really believe in myself or that this desire is possible?
- Lack of belief in your ability to sustain your progress.
- Do I really believe the goal is worth the effort?
What is at the root of the fear of success?:
- Insecurity/Lack of confidence.
- Cultural or faith-based limitations.
- Am I a fraud, an imposter?
- Valuation/profit must be wrong?
How do we overcome the restrictions we place on ourselves?:
- Be willing to sacrifice what’s good for what’s great.
- If you’re a people pleaser, stop trying to please everyone. Look around at the world…there are people who hate for no good reason. Shake it off…
- Profit is not bad! Recognize the value of your service or product.
- Michael Hyatt blog referenced: http://michaelhyatt.com/do-it-for-the-money.html
- Read The Monk and the Merchant by Terry Felber
- Read Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin (or Business Secrets from the Bible)
- Document what really matters and your self-imposed limitations. Write it down and talk about it with your spouse or mentor.
Leave a Reply